Thursday 11 October 2012

The Gutungi join the Federal Army

The Gutungi are the decentants of the early human colonists of the planet Gutung, a massive, heavy grav world, with an oxygen poor atmosphere. As part of the Augment process pioneered by the infamous Professor Morrow, the Gutungi have been genetically altered to survive on their world. They are shorter, but massively muscular, to survive in the heavy gravity of their homeworld, and with lungs also altered to breath the difficult atmosphere of their planet, they now need sealed armour suits to survive on planets suitable for "normal" humans.

The Gutungi will be joining the Meso-nai, an allied alien race, in the 3/14th Forsey Heavy Infantry Battalion, with support from another alien race, the Pulex, whose combat troopers wear heavy battlesuits, all transported by the Federal Army's Grizzly Transports.

The Gutungi new figures from Micropanzer. Jason has had problems with the casting of these, and it took a while to receive my order, but it was well worth the wait. This is the first trial painted mini, and I'm happy with the results. The red sensor is actually the eye on the mini, with the panel below being part of the armour, but I've painted this as a visor as I feel it fits perfectly with my other Federal troops. Here's how the Gutungi compare with my other Federals...
Left to right these are: Khurasan Federal Army, Critical Mass Arc Rifleman, Micropanzer Gutungi, Khurasan Federal Army, Khurasan Meso-Nai, Oddzial Ozmy NVL Infantry and officer.

I have a few other works-in-progress for my Federal Army. Here's some previews...

7 comments:

Spacejacker said...

Yoir mixed force looks great, bravo!

Kull said...

Ohhhhh, I harboured hopes of seeing the 'brawl' transformer-tank joining the other team...

Colin Baillie said...

Sorry, but it didn't fit their style. They are more of a neo-soviet look, I think.

Kull said...

Oh well, they are your toys after all!

Meanwhile skulking around the net I found two used 'brawl' minibots which I have promptly ordered for slightly more than one quid apiece but well within the range of reasonable expense.

The dude who sold me them told me he would have had more in the coming future.

I have yet to decide which force to assign them to.

Gunrunner said...

A really nice 'mixed' force with top painting-excellent!

Anonymous said...

I really like the 'Gutungi'. Good job!

Navin said...

The VTOL flyer looks gorgeous. Could you let me know where you got it from? Cheers.